Monday, November 7, 2011

Trust in Your Heart's Desire

“Keep risking that your heart’s desire is trustworthy.  There is always another, deeper step you can take toward more complete trust.  It will be this way until every act of every day is simply sacred.  It may not feel like enough; sometimes it feels like nothing.  But it is sufficient because it is real.”    The Awakened Heart - Gerald May

I have always wanted to work for myself.  But, what does that look like?  How does one do that?  Having a jewelry business is working for myself, right?  Yes and no.  I call the shots.  I make my schedule, but I only sell at art fairs, and only six a year.  So, again, I ask myself, "Is this working for myself?"  Up until now, I have only assumed a financial risk in starting this business, with the purchase of equipment and materials.  What other risks have I taken?  Up until now, just the risk that my pride will be hurt if I don't sell anything.  I still have a full-time job that helps to support me and my husband.

Last week, I trusted that my heart's desire was trustworthy.  I took the leap and told my boss at my full-time job that I would like to cut back my hours after the first of the year.  That was a big step.  It felt pretty scary, but now I feel good.  It's finally out in the open.  It's what I want to do.  

Another big step, I spoke to the owner of a local gallery here about selling my jewelry.  I really don't know why that is so hard for me, but it went well.  He is looking for more jewelry and told me he will take a look at my Etsy shop.  I sent him an email to follow up on Sunday, with a link to my new website.  It felt really good - one step closer.  Next, a couple more gallery contacts...  

My heart's desire is trustworthy.  Living a life that is sacred is my goal.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on taking those steps forward! Your confidence in what you want and the beauty of your work will bring positive results for you...I'm sending you all good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete