Sunday, February 6, 2011

Yesterday, my husband and I went to the Bellevue Art Museum's Indulge exhibit, which was a wonderful collection of jewelry from several different artists. It was really exciting to see that much jewelry all in one place.

My newest piece caught alot of attention while at the exhibit. Here it is...



Several people admired the possibilities of metal clay. The perception is that it's just for charms. Charms are fun, and that's where I started out, but my focus is shifting to more complex structures. I look forward to building more birdhouses. This one is exceptionally heavy. Now I know that I can make the walls much thinner and still maintain the structural integrity of the piece.

Here are a couple of lentils in varying configurations...



I particularly like this one to the left. I had made another in pearl gray steel clay, but it didn't sinter.














This one is my Power Talisman.

I researched asian kanji to find the perfect symbol and carved its reverse in pink speedball rubber to make a stamp for the metal clay. The texture is from a fabric swatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment