Saturday, February 12, 2011

First PMC Class Pictures

On January 22nd I taught my first PMC beginners class. It was a small group of three students, a perfect size for all of us beginners. Teaching is really fun and I hope to offer a class again soon. We learned how to work with the clay, how to tell when it's too dry, how to rehydrate, how to roll it and cut it, and how to impress designs into it. We fired several pieces with a small butane torch and fired one batch in the kiln. We made very easy, simple pieces, and everyone had a small amount of clay to go home with to practice.

If you're interested in a class, please email me so I can put you on my mailing list. Here are a few pics of the first crew to complete a class with me...

A focused crew...






Firing with the butane torch - it's not as scary as you might think...



A finished piece before patina...



We learned how to patina our finished pieces with liver of sulphur (in the bathroom):

No comments:

Post a Comment