Thursday, June 23, 2011

What I've Learned Today

What I learned about myself today is that I like to get my hands dirty. Don't get me wrong, it feels good to wash my hands and clean under my nails when my fingers are black. But, it gives me some kind of satisfaction to get dirty. I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I've finished a project and my hands are all dirty. I was talking with a group of friends today saying how therapeutic it is to do demolition work. Gardening is like demolition work in a sense. There is something very cathartic about irradicating the weeds. It's probably some kind of metaphor for my life, but it's over my head right now... I realize in writing this that I am more and more like my father every day. He's always out in his garage puttering, creating something with metal. His creations are usually really cool and unusual cars. Mine are cool and unusual pieces of jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment