Sunday, December 26, 2010

Post Christmas Comments

Now that Christmas is behind us, maybe I can get in some metal claying. I've spent the last week on the couch with the flu. We didn't even put up a tree. I was too sick and hubbie wasn't far behind. I had lots of time to read up on new metal clay techniques, google metal clay galleries for inspiration, consider entering the Master's Registry, purchase items for my upcoming class, etc. I got off the couch Christmas eve about 1:00 pm and made stockings for everyone that I started a week prior. I fought off waves of nausea and dizziness, but I got through it and started to feel better. Christmas morning I rose at 6:30 and got ready for the day. I picked up my oldest daughter at 8:00 am and was back to the house to make breakfast for the family. I even prepped the turkey, made the stuffing and peeled and chopped potatoes. That was the extent of it. I'm feeling a bit peckish today and wishing for another day off before a crazy week at work. No such luck, so I'm back on the couch.

The only sugar plums dancing in my head are made of metal clay, but I haven't an ounce of oomph to make anything. It's really a problem. Maybe tomorrow...

I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday with family and friends. Please enjoy a safe New Year's celebration. We're taking it easy here. I'm hoping to get a few dozen oysters, some champagne and a movie. It's our 15th wedding anniversary. We went away last year, but neither of us are really up for it this year. We're hoping for a year filled with new opportunities, lots of creativity, a bit of gardening and a lot more sun this summer. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment