Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day Two of Fresh Paint

Day two of fresh paint started out with rain. It was a disaster for some of my fellow artists who lost the tops of their tents. We were located on the waterfront and the wind was absolutely crazy!!! It kicked up at 5:00 p.m. last night. The rain came in about 1:00 a.m. and didn't finish until noonish. We had a slow, wet start, but the afternoon was fabulous! No complaints here.

As usual, everyone - vendors and shoppers alike - were genuinely sweet, kind, helpful, etc., etc. My friend, Lisa, came to help me today and relieved me only minutes after she arrived. She was such a sport! I neglected to tell her the tax rate and everyone was so accommodating. I wish everyone could be as wonderful to each other as they were to us today!

So, when's my next show? The Whidbey Open Studio Tour is Sept. 25-26th. Nothing else is scheduled on the horizon. However, I have gobs of people interested in classes. Aside from maybe one more show, to be determined, I think I'll call an end to shows for this year. It's time to start focusing on making pieces for some of the local galleries!

Thanks to everyone that made today such a joy!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment