Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day One of Fresh Paint

What a long, fun, exhausting day! It was great. The people were great. The weather was even greater. It didn't rain, as previously forecasted. The wind held off until we broke down at 5:00. Woo hoo!

My booth looked great, but I forgot the camera. One more day to get that right! Demonstrating metal clay was oh so fun. People were amazed, curious and flabbergasted. What fun! I made a couple pairs of earrings and a couple necklaces.

Torch firing metal clay with a cool breeze proves to be rather tricky. With the heat on the top of the piece and cold air moving in from the bottom, the pieces tend to curl upward. The pieces I added embellishments to tended to come apart and needed to be repaired multiple times. I much prefer kiln firing, but this is a great way to get an immediate result that people can see "right before their eyes."

More tomorrow. I really need to get to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed that you had the energy to post! I was tired last night and just had to crash! hoping that after I deal with rain this morning at my booth that I'll have a chance to find yours!
    amy of four corners design

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to see you today. I'm glad you recovered well from the rain and that the weather improved for us all. It was a really great day despite the lousy start! Look forward to getting together soon.

    ReplyDelete