Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

It's the long weekend and I'm hoping to get some jewelry making in. There's only two weeks until the Mukilteo Arts Festival and I need to get more earrings made. I'm also working on a rework of my piece for the Metal Clay Heads challenge. I hope to get it done on time. This will be my first competition piece. Wish me luck. Here is a sneak preview of the piece in raw form. I still have some sanding to do...



For the past three days I've been going to the local craft store to explore their bead stash. They are having a blow out sale on a pile of beads. I got more beads than I know what to do with. I've filled more than 100 2" x 3" plastic ziploc bags with my new little friends. Many of them are vintage, which makes them even more cool. There weren't any gemstones. Oh well! I think I'm good on beads for a while now.



No comments:

Post a Comment