Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

Fortunately for us, Thanksgiving is always filled with family, food and conversation.  It usually stretches from Wednesday evening through Friday - this year being no exception.  Our youngest daughter and her husband usually come down Wednesday evening, and we have a family dinner with the two of them, my oldest daughter and her beau. 

For the last two years, we have been spending the holiday proper with my oldest, at her boyfriend's house.  The first time was a bit odd, not knowing the extended family, but they now feel like members of my very own family.  I am so thankful that we can all figure out a way for everyone to be together in some way, shape or form. 

Today, we went to the nursing home to share a Thanksgiving feast of leftovers with my husband's family.  It's always nice to catch up on what's new there and visit with some of the long-term residents as they pass by the conference room while we are eating. 

Thanksgiving looks different to me than it did when I was a kid.  It is much more complicated now, blending so many families together, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment