Thursday, August 23, 2012

Whidbey Working Artists Summer Studio Tour

After dinner this evening, my husband helped me load the car with my setup for the next show.  I will be setting up at Dan Ishler's studio tomorrow night for a three day show - the Whidbey Working Artists Summer Studio Tour.  It is a three day show, August 24-26th.  This is the first time I have done the summer studio tour.  Our fall tour, which I've participated in for a couple of years now is October 6-7th.  I will be in my studio for that event. 

These working artist shows are very rewarding.  If you've ever wondered how something is made, you should really check out this type of show.  Last weekend, I was at Fresh Paint - the Festival of Artists at Work.  It is a similar type event in the Everett Marina.  It is not as intimate as the studio tour, but you can still see how the artists create their masterpieces.

I will have my silver clay on hand to demonstrate this weekend.  So, if you've been wondering at all about metal clay, come on down for a gander.  It will be fun!  And, if you're tempted at all, I will be offering a silver clay class October 13th, in my studio in Langley.

No comments:

Post a Comment