Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Beginning

This is the first post of My Brown Wren's very own blog. This week has been spent thinking about how to put this thing together. No jewelry has been made. I've yet to put the header together for the blog - hopefully tonight.

My Brown Wren is a part-time venture I started after my husband and I finished building our home. We did much of the work ourselves. We were the General Contractors as well. It was a labor of love. The house is done, for the most part, and being done with the creative process left me yearning for something more. When my kids were little I made jewelry with a friend, at her kitchen table and at mine. So, I figured what the heck. I can do that again. Our house isn't really set up for a jewelry studio. A little building in the backyard is my dream, but for now I have a little table in the living room with my beads and tools on it. There's the bench in the garage with my torch, drill press, and the sink. Isn't this how all artists start out???

No comments:

Post a Comment